The Fine Art Trade Guild is the trade association for the art and framing industry. The provide a range of benefits and services for industry professionals as well as helping art lovers choose and care for their collections.
Guild members agree to abide by the Code of Ethics and keep up to date with the latest standards, trends and materials through their regular reading of Art Business Today, which the Guild publishes for the trade.
Guild code of ethics
- Observe the highest standards of integrity in all transactions
- Protect the interests of their customers
- Avoid the use of false, confusing, inaccurate or misleading terms, descriptions and claims
- Make every effort to reach an amicable and speedy solution in the event of a dispute with a customer
- Maintain adequate insurance protection to suit their business and customers’ needs
- Represent itself as a member of the Guild only whilst a current member
- Maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of the Guild and its membership
- Contribute to the advancements of the profession through development and support of Guild standards, the education of fellow members and consumers
- Recognise the authority of the Guild in all matters relating to the interpretation of this code of ethics